Get your bookkeeping taken care of
WHAT DOES A BOOKKEEPER DO?
Bookkeepers are trained and use the same financial recording methods as accountants. They do this so that your accountant can quickly and easily process your financial information. They will:
- Take all your receipts, invoices and other transaction details.
- Record the information in accounting software using proper accounting methods.
- Work with you to make sense of the numbers, for example assigning costs to specific clients.
But there's more to bookkeeping than recording daily transactions. People who do this work are usually highly skilled at using accounting software. They will be able to advise you on:
- add-on solutions to streamline your business workflow
- payroll services to simplify the way you pay your staff
- bookkeeping rescue work, tidying up mistakes made, setting up systems so these mistakes do not keep happening
- training for small business on using accounting software.
They can also offer day-to-day support for small business owners. In fact a good bookkeeper is your partner in keeping things running smoothly within your business.
Office System Reviews
As a business owner, you want your business to be productive. And that productivity stems from your operational processes being as efficient as possible, but many businesses are let down by their current operational systems, with poor documentation of tasks, outdated software and processes that have grown organically over time without any overriding thought for how they work as a wider system.
To get the most from your business, you need to systemise!
How to systemise your business
The starting point for any process efficiency drive is to carry out a process audit.
Sit down with your team and work through every operational, logistical and financial process in the business – with the aim of explaining exactly how the company works.
To make this review work effectively for you:
- List the key processes in the business – creating a complete operational overview
- Document each task in every key process – and systematically explain how it works
- Assign roles and responsibilities – so it’s clear who does what, and when
- Collate everything into an operational document – providing a system to work from
- Use tech to enhance your system – by replicating your processes in software
Talk to us about systemising your processes
Working closely with your bookkeeper is a critical part of this process, helping you to audit your business model, highlight potential efficiencies and advise on the best software tools for the job.
If you’re looking to improve the overall productivity of your business, we’ll review, enhance and digitise your processes and systems to help you drive that goal.
Are you or any of your staff struggling with any aspect of your office administration? We can come to you and do some one on one training.
And will also be holding classes next year !!
Do you live outside the Manawatu area, let me know and we can work out a plan.
Xero Starter $ POA
This price includes an assessment to see which Xero subscription will suit you and your business, the Xero setup and 2 hours of one to one training onsite (Manawatu) – either at your office or at mine – will include Module 1.
Xero Refresher $ POA
Have you used Xero before, or are you using it now, and you would like some help with some of the fabulous features. This price is for 2 hours of one to one training onsite (Manawatu) – either at your office or at mine.
Xero classroom or group training $99.00 + GST per person (minimum 4 people), two hours, either onsite or at a venue that serves coffee.
- Xero Introduction
- Bank Reconciliation Basics
- Bank Reconciliation Advanced
- GST reporting
- Fixing Coding Errors
Bookkeeping Training $ POA
Do you or any of your staff need some basic bookkeeping training, contact me and we can discuss this.